Athletes Village at Brock University
Welcome to St. Catharines, home of the historic Royal Canadian Henley Rowing Course. Located on Martindale Pond in the charming waterfront village of Port Dalhousie, athletes from across the globe have been racing here since 1903. We look forward to hosting you during your stay.
Brock University is 15 minutes from the Henley Rowing Course and the host location for athletes and coaches during the 2024 World Rowing Senior, Under 23 and Under 19 Championships. During your stay, Brock University offers state-of-the-art fitness facilities, the Leo LeBlanc Rowing Centre features an eight-person tank allowing rowers to simulate on-water training.
Athletes will also have access to an indoor running track, 500 acres of peaceful, beautiful grounds situated atop the Niagara Escarpment. The Escarpment is a cornerstone of Ontario’s Greenbelt and is designated a United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Biosphere Reserve.
Brock University Campus Map
Booking for athletes and teams at Brock University is already opened. Requests will be served on first come first serve basis. There are 2,640 beds available.
How to Book
Reservations must be booked via email to Heather McFarlane : email@example.com before December 1, 2023.
Price Per Person | Per Day : $169.50 CAD (approx – $116 €)
Includes: Full Board (three meals per day), airport transfers and local shuttle services **Subject to applicable taxes**
- Deposit of 20% of total amount is required upon signature of accommodations agreement.
- In addition, another 30% deposit of the total amount is required by June 1, 2024, including submission of certificate of insurance and the completed rooming list.
- The remaining balance is due 5 business days prior to arrival.
- Accommodations are available from August 12, 2024 with a mandated morning check-out date of August 26, 2024.
All cancellations in part or full must be in writing and notified to the accommodation department.
Refunds will be considered on the following basis:
- Notification between Friday, December 01, 2023 to Thursday, May 16, 2024 -100% refund of the costs of 20% of the booked rooms; cancellation of more than 20% of booked rooms: $11.30 cancellation fee per cancelled room
- Notification between Friday, May 17, 2024 to Sunday, June 30, 2024: 100% refund of the costs of 10% of the booked rooms; cancellation of more than 10% of booked rooms: $11.30 cancellation fee per cancelled room
- Notification after Sunday, June 30, 2024 or no show –no refund. However, substitute reservations over the same dates and in the same room types are accepted.
- All group meals will be provided at the Athletes Village at Brock University in dedicated food service locations.
- When required and with advance notice Teams will be offered the option of having ‘Boxed Lunches’ served at the Regatta Venue within the Neil Campbell Rowing Centre at no additional service fee.
Meal plans will be finalized closer to the event date.
A dedicated round-trip shuttle service will operate daily between the athletes’ village and the Henley Rowing Course from August 14 – 25, 2024.
Shuttle schedules will be shared with the teams closer to event arrival date.
Complimentary Airport Shuttle Busses will be arranged from the Toronto Pearson International Airport to safely and efficiently transfer athletes/teams to/from St. Catharines – Brock University Athletes Village.
Organizing Committee Transportation Managers will be working with incoming countries and their manifests ensuring coordination and confirmation of all team transportation needs.